Legacy Rescue’s foster program allows us to rescue, socialize and place our dogs into loving forever homes. As a foster parent, you will nurture our dogs until they are adopted.
Fostering is important because it:
- Offers our dogs a warm, safe, loving environment – away from the life in a shelter.
- Allows our dogs the opportunity to regularly interact with humans and other animals, which is necessary for successful socialization.
Provides valuable insight on the dogs social & physical needs and temperament, which is helpful in matching our dogs with their forever homes.
We are building a network of volunteers throughout the New England states and Wisconsin to help us rehome more needy dogs. This is an excellent role that the whole family can get involved in to help dogs in need, and fosterers get all the benefits of dog companionship without the long term commitment or cost.
What you will be doing:
- Caring for Legacy Rescue dogs in your own home until they can be rehomed.
Dogs might be recuperating from operations, too young to rehome or cannot cope with center life
- You may also offer to foster pregnant females or mums and litters.
You will be providing all the care they need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socializing, giving medication and grooming.
Keeping accurate records.
What we are looking for:
- Experience handling and caring for dogs
- Use of suitable transport
- Preferably no other dogs
- Willingness to learn and follow Legacy Rescue procedures
- Competent, flexible and self-motivated
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping dogs to have happy, healthy lives
- Enjoy all the joys of pet ownership without long term commitment and cost
- Gain practical skills, experience and a training programmer
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- All equipment provided and costs covered