FOSTER AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- I understand that the dog(s) will at all times remain the sole property of Legacy Rescue.
- I agree to provide the dog(s) good loving care, including at a minimum: adequate feed, adequate water, adequate shelter that is properly cleaned, adequate space in the primary enclosure for the particular type of dog depending upon its age, size, species and weight, adequate exercise and follow Legacy Rescue regulations on transportation and veterinary care when needed to prevent suffering or disease transmission.
- I understand no Legacy Rescue dog will be chained or tied outside unattended or kept outside overnight. All Legacy Rescue dogs will be indoors and will be fostered as part of the family. The fostered pet will be properly exercised under supervision in a properly fenced in area and on a leash. If the foster dog somehow runs away or is stolen I understand I will immediately notify Legacy Rescue and assist in recovering the fostered dog.
- I understand that medicines and other supplies provided by Legacy Rescue are for use with foster care animals only, and are not to be administered to dogs that are not the property of Legacy Rescue.
- I understand that all veterinary care must be authorized in advance by Legacy Rescue. I agree to personally incur the cost for any treatment that has not been so authorized. In case of an emergency, foster will make every attempt to contact Legacy Rescue representatives. Foster homes will provide veterinary, hospital receipts for all expenses incurred for the dog being fostered and all health forms to be reimbursed.
- I understand and acknowledge that I do not have any right or authority to keep, adopt, transfer, or place foster dogs in other homes or with other individuals. Should Legacy Rescue decide that the foster dog requires any behavioral training or medical attention, the foster home agrees to abide by Legacy Rescue’s decision
- I understand that all personal information of Legacy Rescue, fosters, and/or adopters in confidential, and at no time will it be used for profit, gain or vengeful actions.
- I understand all food, toys and crates will be provided by Legacy Rescue and I will not be reimbursed for any if I choose to purchase myself. All food and toys are subject to Legacy Rescue’s approval.
- Legacy Rescue reserves the right to evaluate the living conditions of the dog(s) at any time and you agree to surrender the dog(s) if said conditions are not found satisfactory.
- I agree to not sell, trade, abandon, or dispose of the dog(s) in any way. I further agree to return the dog(s) immediately if I am no longer able to provide adequate care.
- I agree to provide the appropriate staff members at LEGACY RESCUE with the necessary information and materials at any time (such as fecal samples or temperature/weight measurements) to enhance the care that I am providing to the foster dog(s). I understand the fostered dog is a rescue and most of the time we know little about their past history of health or temperament. I acknowledge and agree that I will not hold Legacy Rescue (and any other entity affiliated with Legacy Rescue, volunteers, veterinary hospitals and their staff, Board of Directors and so forth) liable in the event the foster animal is responsible for any injury, property damange, illness (including spread to other pets in the household) or for any harm to any person(s) who may come in contact with the foster dog while it is under my care as a foster. While Legacy Rescue will attempt to match the foster dog and the foster family compatibility, Legacy Rescue can not guarantee the foster dog’s behavior or temperament. Foster family is responsible to notify Legacy Rescue of any changes in behavior or temperament noticed immediately. The foster home will not hold Legacy Rescue liable for any acts of the foster dog during its stay in the foster home
- I understand and agree that I will notify Legacy Rescue of any bite (whether inflicted on a person or another animal) within 5 hours of the incident. The foster home will abide by the decision of Legacy Rescue as to the disposition of the rescue animal should a bite occur.
- I acknowledge that LEGACY RESCUE may terminate this or any other foster care arrangement at any time in its sole discretion.
- I certify that no person residing in the household where the dog(s) will be fostered has ever been charged with or convicted of animal cruelty, neglect or abandonment.
- I have read and understand the statements above. I certify that all the information contained in this application is true and correct. I understand that although Legacy Rescue takes reasonable care to screen dogs for foster care placement, it makes no guarantees relating to the dogs’ health, behavior or actions. I understand that I receive foster care dogs at my own risk and can decline to accept any dog for which Legacy Rescue has asked me to provide care. I acknowledge that Legacy Rescue is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury suffered by me, members of my household, including my own animals, or any third parties during a foster placement, and I assume liability to provide adequate controls to prevent such damage or injury.